Monday, September 14, 2009

Our Trip to Kuala Lumpur

Well, this is our last visa trip, hopefully:) We had to leave the country to get our new visas and the closest place was Kuala Lumpur. I wasn't too disappointed because they have one of my favorite restaurants in KL, Chili's:) More about that later. We were only gone a few days and we had lots of business to do, but I tried to capture moments of our trip to make it more memorable and fun. So here goes:

This is Pete with his "old" passport. He has had this passport since he first started traveling overseas 10 years ago. It has every stamp and visa and shows all of his travels from Venezuela to China to Central Asia.

Here we are waiting to get on the plane...Olivia had a good time entertaining herself.


Then on the plane, it was so freezing, even Pete was cold!

and then we took a little snooze...


Then our first night there, my dream come true...Chili's (I know, I know it seems a little silly to be SO excited about Chili's but when you don't have many Western restaurants to choose from in your city...and you're pregnant...you get REALLY excited about chips and queso:)


Olivia made many friends along the way...



And we had some official business...Pete at the embassy getting our visas..

And me at Ikea:) i forgot to take a picture there so as we were leaving I snapped a shot from the taxi...

And one more yummy meal...to me at least. i have a thing for chili cheese fries..and we found some in KL....

After dinner we walked outside and saw one of the coolest, prettiest fountains I've ever seen. It is three huge teacups sitting one on top of the other. It was made it China specifically for this location. It continually changed colors and was just beautiful..the pictures do not do it justice...but we tried anyways...





And last, but not least...beware of the snatch thief...

No comments: