Monday, October 26, 2009

Cloth Diapers

So, I'm making the switch. When I found out I was pregnant with kiddo #2, I decided I wanted to use cloth diapers. Here in Indonesia, most people use cloth and I'm feeling a little green so I decided it was time to make the switch. I'm not opposed to pampers and will probably still use them on occasion....but cloth are SO much cheaper (especially because I just learned how to make my own!!), they are SO much better for the environment (Pete made a pledge to use less plastic around our house at the last neighborhood meeting and I figure this would help) and they will hopefully stink less than having old poopy diapers sitting around the house!

So, I've decided that I want to give it a go with Olivia first before the baby comes. I'm actually hoping it will help her potty train quicker if she can feel the wetness down there. So here is my first attempt...




So my first attempt was a little wide between the legs and she walked around like she had just gotten off a horse..poor girl...but I think I've figured it out and am trying to crank them out as fast as I can before I have to buy another pack of pampers! Just want to give credit to Danielle Hetland who inspired me to make my own, has answer all of my 1,000 questions and gave me her diaper pattern!!!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Viks,
I'm impressed!!! With this kind of heart and time investment, you're sticking with cloth for sure. Have you ever thought of doing "flats or prefolds?" That may be a lot less sewing. I like both options, though on days stuff isn't drying well, I like my flats since they dry in no time. Granted, in Indonesia that may not be a concern. :) Happy diapering!