Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rememberance and the Reality of Heaven

I wrote this a few months ago sitting in a coffee shop. I thought it was appropriate to share today since it's the anniversary of my dad going to heaven.

It's funny how music can take you back to another time and place. How it can bring back emotions from a time so long ago. I was sitting in a coffee shop (all by myself - yay!) listening to music and a Celine Dion song came on- from her A New Day album. Suddenly I started feeling emotional and started thinking about my dad. Her album must have come out towards the end of my dad's life. I sat there in the coffee shop fighting back the tears - more tears of remembrance and just a sadness that I haven't seen him in over 8 years. !

Then the reality of heaven hit me again. My dad's death left me with a wonderful gift - the realization that heaven is real. That there is another world and people I love waiting for me. That Jesus - the most wonderful man in this universe - is waiting for me. That this life is but a breath, a blink of an eye and all this is worth it because of where we are headed.
A New Day is coming!




I love you Dad and I can't wait to see you SOON!!!


"He [Jesus] who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
Revelation 22:20

2 comments:

Natalie Ward said...

good Refreshing post vikki!... Thanks

Stephanie said...

So touching, Vik. Thanks for sharing your heart with us!Stephanie