I don't think he was too traumatized by this, but it wasn't very effective so we've just gone back to the old-fashioned way - telling him no when he asks for it. We still have to deal with a little whining for "puuuacccccciii" which is okay .And truthfully I still think he looks awful cute with that paci in his mouth:)
Friday, May 11, 2012
Addiction
We are trying to break the addiction. It's bad. Really bad. I've always thought I wouldn't be one of those moms who let's their kid have a pacifier any other time than in bed. But I confess, it happened. He loves that thing. It soothes him, makes him happy, quiets him and sometimes it's just worth it! The husband has wanted to take it away, but I have been more hesitant. It's not that he's a momma's boy, oh wait he is. It's just that we are flying back to the US for 1 month this summer and I can't imagine doing it without the paci. If Noah is being rambunctious and I need him to settle down, I just pull it out, he sits on my lap and snuggles, how sweet is that? I just think about the plane rides....one being 16 hours long and how necessary the pacifier is going to be in helping Noah calm down and know when it's time to sleep. But we have tried to "limit" the usage and curtail the addiction. Here is one method we tried...it didn't last very long.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i read the title of your post and my first thought was... wait, i have junior mints in my freezer!!! :) addiction, i guess. luke loves his paci too. but luckily he can't talk yet to ask for it!
That is so awesome! I'm laughing seeing the pics of the paci attached to the crib! You're clever my friend! That's ok, Jude still sleeps in a crib! Bc I enjoy my late mornings! It's all relative! Love you and can't wait to see you!
Hi vicki
I agree I think he looks pretty cute with the paci in his mouth! And I think YOU need it for the plane ride as much as Noah does!
Hope to see you this fall!
Love to your precious family,
Linda (Larkin)
Prayer... That's what worked for us... both times... Well and sending them away on balloons. But we waited a very very long time :)
Post a Comment