Monday, August 6, 2007

All About The Babe

Well, some of you might be wondering when we're having the baby, where we're having the baby, do we have a doctor here etc. This blog is for all you detail-typed people who are wondering how do you have a baby in Af-land!!!

WHEN IS THE BABY DUE???
Well, right now I'm 15+ weeks along. Our babe's due date is January 21st, which oddly enough is 9 days after my birthday which my birthday is 9 days after Pete's birthday! January will be a busy month of celebrating for us!!

WHERE WILL YOU HAVE THE BABY?
We plan on having the babe in the United Arab Emirates about 1.5 hours from Dubai in a city called Al Ain at the Oasis Hospital. (check it out at http://www.oasishosp.awardspace.com/ ). Two families that live in our city have had great experiences there giving birth to their children. The thing we are most excited about is that the hospital has midwives attending births with doctors on call. We've been doing some reading up on midwifery and are looking forward to the experience!

JUNE DOCTORS APPOINTMENT
Back in June, we had a doctors appointment with a Dutch doctor at the Oasis and got to see the little babe (he/she was .9 cm long!) and everything checked out great. Here in our city, we have a friend who's a doctor and he is monitoring our pregnancy. I won't go to the doctor every month as I would in the States, so we are very glad that he is here to help if we have any questions.

PRAYER REQUEST
One major prayer request we have is that we would find a cheap place to live while we are in Dubai and Al Ain. The hospital used to offer housing, but is no longer able to do that. We are praying that God would provide a great place for us to spend two months while we have our baby.

If you have any other curiosities about our pregnancy, please leave them as comments and we'll respond!

12 comments:

Jonathan Lair said...

i like your blog and i am excited about your baby. stay cool in the heat, nomad friends.

Anonymous said...

This is great, but I want pics of your belly. Take care and we miss you both. I wish I could be there when my niece or nephew is born. Rest when you can it is so important before the baby is born. Believe me! Mine is almost 2 and still doesn't sleep all night.

Regina said...

So excited for you! Hope I get to see the precious bundle someday! Love you both.

Tara said...

yes pics of belly! hehe Im so excited for you guys!

Justin, Rachelle, Emma & little one said...

yay for baby Klein! :) I'm excited that you'll have the experience of a midwife... it's a big thing here in Portland too. I've read great things about them, so I can't wait to hear about your experience. I feel for you on the heat, Vik! No A/C is pretty miserable. Justin's parents were generous towards us and bought us a portable A/C unit, which has been a lifesaver for my third trimester! Love you guys!!

walkers said...

yeah! i love the blog! can i post you on mine?

Cindy said...

You're on our hearts so so much. LOVE this way to find out more about the baby!

Emily said...

Congratulations! Having a baby is one of the most exciting life changing things in the world. I am sure that you will be great parents. I will definately keep up with your pregnancy and parenting adventure through this blog. Good luck to you!

Amy said...

Vik, you're going to be a MOMMY!!! Oh, I am sooooo excited for you! Congratulations to you both, and thanks for including us in the process. Much love to you guys...

dnashelton said...

We are so excited for ya'll.
Children are an adventure. You are up to the adventure. It is a wonderful path. We know you are up to the job.

Anonymous said...

Let me know what your mom has on her list to bring in October and I can send her some stuff to bring to you all. Take care and Love ya!

Kelly said...

We delivered with a midwife and loved it so much!!! I am so happy for you and am glad you have a blog so we can keep up better. Love Kelly