Sunday, January 13, 2008

Locks of Love

Well I did it again. In college, I had super long hair and cut off more than 10 inches of my hair and donated it to Locks of Love. Locks of Love is an organization that makes hairpieces for people with long term medical hair loss. See http://www.locksoflove.com/ for more info. So today, on my 28th birthday, I decided it was time again. I got a little emotional this morning drying my long locks for the last time, knowing I was going to chop it all off again. But hair grows back and luckily, mine grows quickly, so I can always grow it out long again, right? So here are some pics of my semi-traumatic yet satisfying experience!

Before

The Cut


After
P.S. As you can tell, Olivia hasn't arrived yet!! She's still snug as a bug in a rug!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Way to go Vik. It looks great, as do you! You are such a cute preggo gal! Happy Birthday! I wish I could have been there! Did you get some Pepsi? :) Im praying for a wonderful and easy birth of Miss Olivia! *HUGS*

Emily said...

I love that you did this and your hair is still somewhat long and looks great! I can't wait to read about Olivia's big debut in the near future. Happy Birthday!

Tressa said...

Im lovin' your haircut! It sure is nice to see ya around these parts! Check out our blog at the6stricklands.blogpsot.com
BLESSINGS!