Sunday, February 13, 2011

our friends, Kaylor and Clara

I'm sure by now you've noticed this cute little girl that always appears on our blog....
This is Clara. We met Clara and her mom, Kaylor, 2 years ago when we moved to Indonesia. Before we moved to Indonesia, Olivia was never around any little girls her age, so one of my main prayers was for us to meet a little girl the same age as Olivia. They are only one month apart. Livvy and Clara were too little at that point to play "together", but they played great side by side. The best part is that her mom, Kaylor, and I became instant friends.

There is something about being first-time moms together. (especially living overseas in an isolated environment with not many other moms your age around). I love Kaylor because she is spontaneous. I can call her up and say...hey let's take the girls to the mall to play, or let's go get an ice cream cone, or bring clara over to swim...and most of the time she's ready to do it! I also love kaylor because she is REAL. She tells you like it is, doesn't ever hide anything from you and has a great sense of humor. Another vain thing i like about kaylor is that she loves my cooking. anything I cook for her, she always raves about. Makes me feel like I could compete on MasterChef or something! Needless to say, Kaylor has become one of my closest and dearest, life-long friends. Thank you God for bringing her into my life!

So when we moved here, Kaylor and her husband had plans to move to another island called Kalimantan. At that point they were going to move in 6 months. well, their plan got delayed and delayed and delayed...(i do confess i was praying all along that they would never move away). Well the day came, last monday when they did move. Livvy had a difficult time before Clara left, after we told her Clara was moving. I was very surprised at how much she comprehended and understood about Clara leaving. She would pray each night for God to not let Clara go (heart-breaking, i know). We talk about Clara often and about taking an airplane to Kalimantan to see her (which we plan to do very soon). Her dollies are named Clara and Olivia and she still sings songs about Clara. Here they are right before Clara moved. They have just gotten into the dress-up stage and LOVE to dress like princesses and dance like ballerinas.



That's the hard part about our lives. We have to say goodbye all too often. But along the way, we meet some incredible people and make life-long friends. We are going to be very busy and rich in heaven. Makes me thankful for eternal life, where there will be no goodbyes. But as for now, we continue to give our hearts to other people and love them as best we can, even though it hurts.....I'm very thankful we did with Kaylor and Clara...it's been worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are the sweetest pictures of the girls. I'm so thankful that you are still willing to give your heart out even though good-byes are always involved.