Thursday, November 3, 2011

house pics...finally!

(note: please forgive the chaos with regard to the spacing of pictures and captions....if i spend the time to get those right, this post would be ready in 2013. thank you.)

 
Our house! If you look closely, there is a stained glass window up top with a dragon...cool!!
                 
  My favorite upgrade in the whole house is the kitchen. I LOVE my new cabinets and especially the handles, backsplash & under cabinet lighting:)

Olivia's Room - before
And after

     
The Playroom - finally a place to contain all the toys in the house! 
Since all our our floors are tile, we are planning on getting a carpet for the playroom, but for now our foam blocks are doing the job.


Our bedroom.  We had the wall behind our bed painted red before we moved in....but we picked the wrong shade of red...oops.  It was fire engine red which was not quite what we were going for... so we decided to paint over it.  We may try to paint the wall again, but not anytime soon:)

Our bathroom.  goodbye pink!!!

The dining room - before, which conveniently had a sink on the wall for washing hands. I had it removed as it did not fit with my decor:)
the dining room - after
Living Room - before
Living Room - after
I have a thing for bright patterned curtains right now if you can't tell. I fell in love with this fabric in a quilt shop and decided I wanted them to be my main curtains in the living room. I heart them. 
A close up view
Ah! Gorgeous!
  
And that's about it for the house. Noah's room is still undecorated. We lost the brackets to the curtain rod that will hold up his quilt. When it shows up and the quilt actually makes it up on the wall (Liv's took about 3 years to get on the wall), I'll take a pic and post it.  

If you're ever in the neighborhood/island/country or southeast asia area, you are SO welcome to come by and stay with us for a while! We love visitors!!!!!

4 comments:

Shannon Evans said...

It looks great! Wish we could swing by and visit!

Natalie Ward said...

Wow.. it's really great Vik! Looks kind of American like? :) Beautiful and I do LOVE the curtains.

walkers said...

I want to live there!!! You have done an amazing job v- so happy for you! My favorite is for sure the kitchen- classic.

Linda Larkin said...

Hi Vicki
It looks great! I love the colors and it was fun going to the paint store with you and Lisa! I love your kitchen! I'll get to see it in person in a few months, can't wait!
Love, Linda