We were SO excited that we FINALLY switched her crib to a bed. when naptime came, we explained to her that this is her new big girl bed and she has to lay down and go to sleep and not get up until mommy or daddy comes in to get her. So we laid her down, complete with Bappo (the purple hippopotamus), her pillow and blanket. We shut the door, heard one little yelp then it was done....we thought "was it really that easy?" So 2 hours later she calls for us. We go in to get her, and notice up above when I said she was "95% potty trained"?, Well in the rush to put her in her new bed, I forgot to change her out of her undies and into her diaper! She was all wet! Ooopps!!!
Then tonight, my sweetest moment as a mom happened. As I was putting her to bed, she said, "mommy lay down". So I laid down beside her, and we sang Jesus Loves Me and the ABC's over and over. She has always slept in a crib and goes to sleep without us, so I've always thought it would be so sweet to lay down with my little girl before she goes to bed and snuggle together. This is why I LOVE being a mom!!!!
2 comments:
wow! What a cutie! She's growing up so fast.
She's a dream child!
Post a Comment