Tuesday, May 31, 2011

DC cupcakes and Hawaii 5-0

ok, so 2 of my favorite TV shows are Hawaii 5-0 and DC Cupcakes. Kinda funny that they are completely opposite kinds of shows! (He would hate that I'm telling this, but Pete watches them with me - even DC cupcakes - don't tell him I told you!) So today, I got to pretend like I was on DC Cupcakes and Hawaii 5-0...all in one day!

Graduation for the international school is tonight. I was asked to help make/decorate 200 cupcakes for tonight. So I got inspired by all my TV watching:) I knew it had to be good for something. We used the DC cupcake frosting recipe - at least a kopykat recipe. yumyum! So I swirled on the icing and added blue little fondant stars.....so cute!

So after I finished up at the school's kitchen, I came home and had my chance to join Steve and Danny from Hawaii 5-0 doing detective work. So I was sitting at the table and I hear someone yelling outside..."there's a problem!" I run outside to see what happened and a guy is pointing at my car saying..."problem problem!" I run to get the keys to the gate, go back outside to see him running back to his car and he takes off!! So, I grab my phone and type in his license plate number as fast as I can. Then I go look at the car to find a little scrap and an even smaller dent. I think they guy was probably scared when he saw i was a foreigner thinking I'd take him to the bank or something....ha! I think we'll pass on calling the cops on this one. A little scratch or dent never hurt anyone....i think it actually gives the car a little character.

No comments: