ok, i know all my posts right now are about having this baby, so if you're tired of it, sorry check back in a week or so and you'll see pics of the cutest baby you've ever seen and the happiest momma you've ever seen. :)
I just have to say, I never realized how stinkin difficult is it to wait for your baby to be born! It's like before the due date..you think..oh I still have time and i need to get this done and that done and it's not time yet. But the second your due date comes and goes, it all changes. The emotional roller coaster that begins is intense! It's like all of the sudden, giving birth to this baby is ALL you can think about. and the later and later it gets, the harder it gets!
For a few days there, I confess, I was kind of despairing....thinking "he's never going to come" so I just stopped thinking about it and stopped wishing and hoping and believing he would come soon.
But I felt convicted. I feel like God wants me to believe for him to come soon (I mean I'm already almost a week overdue so he HAS to come soon) :) but that's besides the point. I feel like God enjoys when we believe Him with our whole hearts in His goodness towards us. That he hasn't forgotten about me, or my heart's desires or wishes in regards to this birth. I would really like to have another natural birth with no meds and not needing to be induced. Another lesson in believing and that believing is God's channel in our lives for Him to move and answer our prayers.
So believe with me....for little boy Klein to come on his own..soon...for my contractions to progress quickly and for the strength to have this baby naturally and for trust in God's perfect timing!
5 comments:
I'm believing with you!!!
yes and amen to late baby sadness:( believing for today to be the day. or maybe God wants one of your family members to be a February baby? jk!
Hang in there! I know, it's easy for me to say since I'm not the one having the baby. Everything is in God's time and according to His plan. You'll be fine!!!
Jan
Hi Vicki! I can't remember if I've commented on your blog before-- but in any case, I'm an old youth group friend of Pete's... my dad was his old pastor in SV! Anyhow, I think we'd be great friends if we ever lived in the same place, so... good job Pete for finding someone who seems to be an amazing wife and mom! I'm pregnant with #2 at the moment, too! For my first I also had a natural delivery, no drugs. It was awesome. One thing I did do though, which I'm sharing with you in case you haven't had your little boy yet, is drink castor oil and orange juice to help naturally induce labor. It's totally natural and safe-- bringing on labor only if your body was already ready. If it's not-- no harm done... you'll just have had the runs in the morning =) I drank 50ml of castor oil mixed with 50ml of OJ at 5am and had Kai at 1:05pm that day! The concoction is gross, but it was a bit comforting knowing that I was all 'cleaned out' when I made it to the birthing room (I had heard horror stories of women pooing during labor-- but I didn't have to worry about that!). I would DEFINITELY try this before you let the hospital induce you, if it gets to that point. Anyhow, good luck with it all! I'm sure it'll go well. Can't wait to see pics of the little guy!
Love,
Rachel (Carlson) Colvin
p.s. We actually live in Australia, so feel free to come visit if you need a holiday! You're in Indonesia, right??
Maybe you are in the hospital as I write...hope so! I think each of my kids birth experience says something about their personality. Without going into each story...Nate was 8 days late when I was induced. To this day, he likes known and secure environments and is not in a hurry to leave them. Your tummy must just be too comfy for baby boy! :)
Post a Comment