Friday, January 1, 2010

Yummy Toffee Bars

** * Just realized I left out the flour in the ingredients list.....it's correct now!

One more sign that I'm about to have a baby....baking.

I found this awesome recipe in my Betty Crocker Cookbook:

(t=teaspoon)

1 C butter, softened
1 C packed brown sugar
1 t vanilla
1 large egg yolk
2 C flour
1/4 t salt
2/3 C milk chocolate chips
1/2 C nuts (if you want)

Heat oven to 350
Mix butter, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk in bowl. Stir in flour and salt. Press dough into ungreased 9x13 pan.
Bake 25-30 minutes (it's best when it's cooked just a little under done). Immediately sprinkle the chocolate on top and wait 5 minutes. Then spread chocolate evenly over bars. cool 30 minutes.

oh so yummy!!!!

1 comment:

angie said...

Yum! I'll have to try these - some time in the future. I think we might have to go through detox right now from all of our over-indulging the past couple of weeks.