Friday, November 28, 2008

Not Quite a Traditional Thanksgiving

How does Burger King on the beach sound for a nice thanksgiving meal? Well sometimes it's harder to make a traditional thanksgiving overseas. I am in denial that today is Thanksgiving because we are having our meal tomorrow (on Friday). I do confess, we ordered it from a store (my oven has one setting - BURN!) so there was no way I could cook my own, nor do I think I'm brave enough to try. Maybe when I turn 30.

So today I was a little sad. It's sad to be away from family and friends and the feeling of Thanksgiving. I am thankful that we did get to skype with the fam which made me feel better (thanks Uncle Phil for fighting the chaos and Aunt Angie for your longer than usual cameo), but there's nothing like being with family and eating Turkey on Thanksgiving.

So I look forward to tomorrow when we will have a traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hope you all feel better soon. I need to get Skype, so I can chat with you all every once in awhile. Give Livvy a kiss for me. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Love ya!

Shan

Jeremiah said...

Thanks for letting me on the blog. It is so fun keeping up with you. We had the usual thanksgiving, which was a huge blessing. Praying for you guys.