We're moving on past Thanksgiving (which didn't quite meet my expectations this year...but that's okay....we learned what not to do for next year!) so we're moving on to...Christmas!
So, here where we live we have to create the "holiday" atmosphere since everyone else doesn't celebrate the same holidays. A few stores have fake Christmas trees so luckily we can get one here. And I'm counting on Kenny G, Celine Dion and Frank Sinatra to do most of the work in creating a festive atmosphere as we listen to their tunes for the next 25 days!
I'm curious and have a question to ask you as we try to figure out how to do Christmas overseas.....what are your most favorite Christmas traditions? I want to hear all your favorites, but especially ones that could be done overseas. Thanks!!!
(This is where you click the "comment" button and give me your awesome feedback! Yeah! Comments! I love comments from YOU!!!!!)
4 comments:
Okay so here are some I would like to start - focusing each day on one of the names of Jesus and making an ornament with that name for the tree, finding a project as a family that will bless someone else (ex. making cookies for our policemen). As a kid we always lit an advent wreath at night and we always prayed for families that we got cards from. Don't forget the hot chocolate!
I'm doing the ornament each year that reminds each kiddo of the past year. Can you get ornaments?
I also want to check out the devotion book Advent Jesse Tree and do something like that each year...
Baking!
I loved the ideas that aunt gigi said before me...I may use some of those!! Thanks! :)
You have an address now! Let me know it and we can send you some goodies :) Miss you!
Baking cookies, reading xmas books if you have any, making ornaments. You can make gingerbread ornaments which are fun. Love ya and miss you!
Shan
Okay we are still trying to remember to do all of ours so they actually can become traditions, but here they are...by the way we love you all and miss you...
reading the B story of J-man's birth and our current cultures Christmas story; making Christmas cookies from scratch and decorating them; eating Chinese/Asian food on Christmas Eve; watching Charlie Brown Christmas; opening family PJ's and all wearing them on Christmas Eve; and I really like Aunt Gigi's making an ornament of each of J-mans names and talking about them. Love you and your little sweet pea!
Post a Comment